What Makes It Easy to Use?
- No architecture to learn – No distraction set
- Existing high-level languages unedited
- Desired user code changes quick & easy
- Quick TTM
- Totally general purpose – not a niche product
What Makes It Faster?
- Ascenium compiler uses GCC/LLVM output
- Turns user program into a large circuit
- Executes ≈16 lines of source code at a time
- Loops and pipelining happens in place and automatically due to marriage of smart compiler/arch
- >90% of time spent in loop ??????
- Much faster than existing processors
What Makes It Low Power?
- Flattening loops and pipe/?? avoids mountains of memory/register operations
- >90% of power consumption in loops ≤4 lines of code
What Makes It Cost Effective?
- RISC:CISC @Ascenium:RISC
- Array of ?? very simple logic blocks
- ≈8 functions
- Does all the compiler needs
- Big enough for vast majority of loops to be captured in the array